But this is not what came to mind when planning our "2016 Girls Trip" to Southern Utah this year. We wanted adventure, memories and all the challenge that (almost)-50-year-old ladies could handle! And that's exactly what we got! Rather than bore you with all the stories and belly laughter that happened on this trip, I'm going to pass along some how-tos about traveling to Zion and Bryce Canyons for YOUR trip of a lifetime.
1. Plan at least a long weekend to hit both canyons. We stayed two nights at the Desert Pearl Inn in Zion and The Lodge at Bryce Canyon in Bryce. We made our reservations about three months before we traveled. Book early, the lodges fill up quickly!
5. Pack appropriately. You won't need heels, skirts or makeup on this adventure, but pack for quick changes in weather. The vest I brought was the perfect outer layer to keep me warm after we summited Angel's Landing. I was sweating on the way up, but cold on the way down. Layers are your friend.
6. Keep your iphone close by for spectacular scenery photos. Ah-mazing.
9. Stop and look down. Or look up. Don't rush your journey. The beauty is everywhere. Enjoy...
10. Leave a comment or email me with any questions. I'm by no means an expert in these parks, but I can surely direct you to a good source for more information on Zion and Bryce! Namaste.